Anyone who has ever seen an iPhone advert knows that an iPhone is the very epitome of cool.
Take a walk in the park; sit down at a restaurant, bar or café; or spend some time window shopping in the centre of town, and you will see people snapping away at the world on their iPhones taking hundreds of photos a day.
When it comes down to it, there’s no point taking all those pictures if you’re not going to print them out and show them off.
Here, we take a look at the best iPhone photo printers so that you can do just that.
Our list of iPhone Photo Printers
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
How to print photos from an iPhone?
Printing photos from an iPhone is actually really simple when you have a little printer for iPhone or a travel photo printer. Here’s a step-by-step walkthrough for you:
1. Start the ‘Photos’ app on your iPhone
2. Search for the photo you want to print
3. Locate the ‘Share’ button and tap it
4. Use the scroll menu and find ‘Print’. This option will then take you to the ‘Print Screen’
5. Use ‘Select Printer’ and select the printer you wish to use
6. Use the + and – buttons to set the number of copies to print
7. Use ‘options’ to customize your print
8. Hit the print button
How to print 4×6 photos from an iPhone?
You have two options for printing digital 4×6″ photos from an iPhone.
1. Edit the photo using the crop option. To do this, select the photo you want to print, and hit the edit button. Once that’s done, you’ll see the crop option. Select this. You’ll then have the option to choose 4×6 cropping from the Constrain drop-down menu. Adjust the 4×6 box to select what to keep and what to cut off. Then just click ‘Done’ once you are ready.
2. Make use of the ‘Customise’ screen as you print. To do this, select the photo you want to print. Next, choose the printer, along with the required 4×6 paper size and print size. You will then need to click the ‘Customise’ option. After doing this, do a right-click in the photo preview. You will see the ‘Fit to Frame’ option. Select this, and you will get your full image taking up the 4×6 space.
How to print polaroid style photos from an iPhone?
If you have a printer that connects to your iPhone like a polaroid zip mobile printer or micro photo printer, you already have much of what you need to get polaroid style photos.
The only addition you need is an app such as InstaLab or Polaroid Originals to edit the digital images you have stored on your phone. These apps will allow you to edit your photos so that they have that retro polaroid feel about them when you print them.
How to change paper size when printing photos from an iPhone?
Changing paper sizes when printing from an iPhone depends on the apps you are using as part of the printing process.
If you are printing using AirPrint, you likely find you don’t have the option to do anything other than the default 4×6” photo printouts.
However, don’t despair. The chances are that your printer has it’s own printing app that works with iOS.
For example, if you have an Epson printer, you can utilize Epson iPrint with your iOS device and print 3.5×5”, 4×6” and 5×7” photos.
Check your printer brand, and see what apps alternative to AirPrint are available.
Comparison Table For 10 Top iPhone Photo Printers
5 Best iPhone Photo Printer Reviews
1.Polaroid Mint Pocket Printer | best printer for iphone photos
This tiny pocket printer from Polaroid is perfect for anyone who wants to print their snaps while they are out and about. So, this one can be the best travel photo printer for you.
Weighing 5.7 ounces, and with a 4.5×3.0x0.7” size this printer is barely noticeable as you carry it around going about your everyday life.
This printer gives you 2×3” snaps in 60 seconds using ZINK Zero Ink Cartridge technology, at a print resolution of 1280×1024 dpi.
The ZINK Zero Ink Cartridge sees ink and photo paper combined in one which means you don’t have the worry of ink levels, and cartridge changes that you get from normal printers.
With connectivity over Bluetooth, and the device compatible with iOS, this is a great little printer for iPhone users. You can even download the Polaroid Mint app to your iPhone, allowing you to do some sweet edits, or add filters before you print.
Recharging this pocket printer will take two hours if you want to take it out with full charge. From that two hour charge you can manage 50 photos, which is ideal considering the Zink Zero Ink sheets come in packets of 20, 30 or 50.
- Get fantastic detailed prints with high resolution printing
- No long waits to get a picture with quick printing time
- High yield of photos from one charge
- Lightweight and easy to travel with
- Turn photos into stickers with peel-off backs
2. Kodak Photo Printer Dock | best iphone printer
Coming in at 26.8 ounces, and with dimensions of 6.6×3.9×2.7” this printer dock from Kodak is another handy travel photo printer that an iPhone user can take with them anywhere and everywhere.
Whilst other travel printers of this nature allow a 2×3” photo to be printer, the Kodak Photo Printer Dock offers the larger postcard size of 4×6”, meaning you can get the standard type of professional looking photos that you’d receive from a print lab.
This printer can produce a vivid print in roughly 60 seconds, with its D2T2 Thermal Transfer Technology getting you a 300x300dpi resolution picture that shouldn’t annoyingly bleed during the printing process, nor fade over time.
You can connect your iOS devices wirelessly using a downloadable App through Wi-Fi or, if Wi-Fi is not available, you can connect using USB Micro-B.
The printer dock can not only also your phone while you are working, which is a useful little feature, but can actually charge up to two devices at the same time.
One thing about this printer is that while it produces a quality photo, it can be somewhat temperamental in doing so, stalling if you do not have everything aligned correctly. So be patient.
- Prints larger photos than other portable photo printers
- Great resolution for detailed prints
- Speedy, efficient print times
- Handily charge up to 2 devices through the photo printer dock
- Connect through USB Micro-B when no Wi-Fi available
3. Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer | best bluetooth photo printer for iphone
The Polaroid ZIP is another mobile printer capable of producing 2×3” photos.
Coming in at a teeny-tiny 6.6ounces, this printer has a recharge time of 1.5 hours so can easily be recharged while you get yourself ready for your next outing or adventure, or while you take a nap.
That 1.5 hour recharge time will allow you to print 25 photos in total.
The ZINK Zero Ink Printing Technology will ensure that your prints, though not particularly high in resolution (there are no specs available on exactly what the resolution is so assume 300x300dpi as a maximum), will be smudge proof and long lasting.
For those of you who love an app to play around with the photos that you have taken, the Polaroid ZIP mobile app will be great fun for iOS users.
Through the app you can make enhancements, add color filters, and even make collages using your phone.
Overall, this printer, which is about double the thickness of a smartphone, can be stored snugly in a travel bag and brought out to mess around with whenever you feel like.
You can even print your photos and stick them wherever you want with due to the pictures having peel away adhesive backing.
I recommend this printer as the best polaroid printer for iphone.
- Quick charging device lets you print in next to no time
- Produces smudge proof and fingerprint proof pictures
- Have fun turning photos into stickers
- Barely noticeable device weight for easy travel
- Best pocket printer for iphone
4. Fujifilm INSTAX SHARE SP-2 | best iphone picture printer
Fujifilm are a brand known for their photo printing capabilities, and the INSTAX SHARE SP-2 is a portable photo printer designed for smartphones that helps the company live up to their reputation in the market.
Coming in at 8.8 ounces and a size of 5.2×3.5×1.6”, this is a device that is simple to carry around with you no matter where you are going, so you’ll be able to sit down and print off a snap at a moment’s notice.
With a 240×320 dpi resolution, this smartphone printer is capable of high definition pictures that really highlight what you have captured while taking your snaps.
Even with a higher resolution printout than other portable photo printers on this list, the speed of a print is remarkable with one photo taking 10 seconds. This is due to the laser exposure system that the printer uses.
For use on the go, this device is fully charged after 90 minutes, and enables you to get a whopping 100 prints per charge. With this device that means a lot less charging is needed on a daily basis, especially if you print a lot of photos.
- High resolution photos that clearly detail key features
- Quick charging time, with a high yield of prints per charge
- Extremely quick print speed to avoid waiting around for your photo
- LED indicators to stop you getting caught without charge
- Operating system support for both Android and iOS
5. KiiPix Portable Photo Printer | best instant printer for iphone
This portable photo printer is produced by Tomy and requires that you use it in conjunction with FUJIFILM Instax mini film, so you can get some comfort from knowing that this device works with a reputable photo company.
At 12.6 ounces this device is heavier than most of the others on the list, but that by no means makes it any less easy to travel around with. You will barely notice the extra weight of it in your bag.
This printer works differently to the others on the list, in that you don’t connect to the printer via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or cable with your phone in order to get your photo.
Instead, you place your phone onto the KiiPix printer and it will scan the image from the screen. Essentially, you are taking a photo of your photo with the KiiPix.
The big benefit of the KiiPix is that there are no apps to load on your phone, and no need to be near a Wi-Fi connection in order to do your printing. It also doesn’t require a battery or charging which is somewhat unique. It relies instead, on a little manual crank.
- Handily print photos without need for Wi-Fi connection
- No waits for the device to charge with a manual operating system
- Compact, folding design makes device ideal for travelling anywhere.
- No extra apps needed on your phone to pair it to the device
IPhone Photo Printer Buying Guide
Even for the small photos that portable iPhone printers dish out, resolution is important. Why would anyone want a blurry photo where you can barely pick a smile out?
The best iPhone printer, and most reliable iPhone printer will tell you that it has at least a 300dpi resolution. That’s what you need for consistent HD printing.
There are some portable photo printers where it is impossible to get data on the resolution provided. This is likely because there is little consistency from photo to photo. Some prints will come out looking fantastic, and some will look ridiculously bad.
2. Charging Time
The amount of time a device takes to charge is important because a life on the go doesn’t see you hanging around places for a long time.
And if you are travelling, you want to know that at any given time you’ll be able to top up the charge of your device and get a decent return.
Charging times of around ninety minutes are normal in order for a device to be fully charged. How many photo prints that gets you varies.
There are also devices that require no charging time at all because they use a manual system.
3. Prints per charge
Incredibly, the number of prints per charge drastically changes from device to device.
As said earlier, it’s normal to see ninety minutes as being a standard charge time, though some devices may take two hours.
But for that charge time there are devices that can print 25 photos and there are devices that can print 100 photos.
Whether you need a device that does that latter on one charge will, I guess, depend on whether you are also going to carry 100 sheets of photo paper around with you.
Wi-Fi is not always readily available, especially if you are travelling.
Some places when abroad charge a premium for a little time connected to their Wi-Fi, or you have to go and eat somewhere to make use of some of the free connections.
It’s not ideal to try and eat and print at the same time.
Check whether the device you want can be connected to via Bluetooth, USB or some other method to ensure that you aren’t caught out.
From this list you will be able to find the best photo printer for iPhone that suits your needs.
All the portable photo printers on the list are compatible with devices that use an iOS so it’s not just your phones that can be connected.
Your main choice is going to be deciding which of print resolution, charging time, and number of photos per charge is most important to you.
Remember, the higher the printer the resolution, more than likely the less photos you can print from a full charge.